Will stopping birth control make the bleeding stop?

I have been taking Loestrin 24 Fe for the past month. Last night was my last pill of the month. Anyways, I have been bleeding for 3 weeks straight! And its not spotting bleeding, its like my period. Its really getting in the way. Ive also noticed that I have been very tired for the past 2 weeks.

This has happened to me on every birth control I have been on. Ive been on 4 different pills and the depo shot within the past 4 years. Ive also had 2 children within the past 3 yrs. (2 1/2 yrs and 2 1/2 months)

So my question is, if I stopped taking the pill today, how long will it take for the bleeding to stop? Has anyone else experienced this before?

BelloItaliano

Asked by BelloItaliano at 4:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Health

• Don't know how long it will take to stop, it depends on your body. Stopping my progesterone only pill stopped my break thru bleeding. I would have a period for 5 days, have 5 days off & start bleeding again! Now I make hubby wear a condom!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010