is 4 a crowd?

My husband and I have been extremely blessed with three beautiful children and I have the wonderful opportunity to be home with them, things are tight financially but we make it month to month , he is starting a car business and getting off to a good start. We can not afford to send our children to prep schools or buy them the newest clothes or eat all organic food or play with the top toys or go on the nicest vacations but we love each other and our family and i want to have at least one more, everyone thinks i am stupid because they say we can't provide for the kids we have...we have a home, food, i make my daughters clothes and get nice handmedowns from friends for my boys, I BF my infant and use cloth diapers, we dont pay for cable, some of my friends think its all a little unconventional...i think what's one more? we are all so happy and our kids love eachother our needs are all met WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We get the same type of responses.  We're having our 5th in 10 days (that's kind of scary to say) and people look at us like we're nuts because of the way we live.  We have just 1 car (and when the baby comes it won't fit all 7 of us...this wasn't planned but we'll make due until we can get something else), my husband puts in a lot of OT for extra money but we can pay our bills.  Our kids have never had the fanciest or best or most of anything.  I have no problem shopping thrift stores for stuff.  All clothes are bought on the clearance racks at Target or Kohl's.  We don't take vacations or do much of anything (except eating out...that's our family tradition and it gets expensive with so many kids).  Christmases and birthdays are small affairs. Things will be tight when the baby gets here but we'll get by.

I say do what you want and ignore the people that don't get it.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Sounds like you have it all worked out! Plus, it seems like ahppy household! Good luck with # 4. They are all blessings!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• If you feel as though you can manage financially / physcially / mentally then go for it.
    heidi37217

Answer by heidi37217 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I say, if you & your dh want to have another 1, go for it. It is just too bad that others cannot appreciated how blessed you are.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It sounds like you know what is important, follow your heart! I had my 4th baby 7 months ago today, and while we are not rich, I wouldn't change it for the world!
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Go for it!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• If it is what you want and your family can handle it then do what you want. Who cares what others think?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'm having my 5th in a few days. Most of my friends think I'm pretty crazy, but it works for our family!

Answer by missanc at 6:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Why not if you feel you will be fine with 4...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2010