Do you shop at Goodwill or thrift stores?

heidi37217

Asked by heidi37217 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• Oh heck yes! I find some great deals!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• All the time. At least until my kid stops needing another size 3 months after I buy something!
    If you take the time to look through it all, you can usually find good quality things that look new.
    The only thing I don't buy used is underwear and socks. I just feel weird putting used undies on her and I can never find socks used.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yes. DS needed some pants for school, but winter was almost over and soon it would be too hot to wear long pants. Found 2 pairs of pants that were school approved and in PERFECT condition. no fading, no tears, like brand new. I paid $2.50 for BOTH pairs. I look there 1st before going somewhere else!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yes we do, not only for our kids and ourselves but I also buy brand name clothes that I re-sell on ebay (thrift stores and yard sales are where most used clothes sellers get their inventory). I once sold a Ralph Lauren dress I paid $3 for, for $50 on ebay!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I haven't lately, but I have. Usually for the kids when they go camping or go to summer camp. Hubby gets some work pants/jeans.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 4:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You wash it flaggot13! You buy stuff in the store and its probably been tried on dozens of times.I'm at Goodwill every week! I'm a junkie for good deals!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I agree with butterflyblue19, I don't watch much TV during the day but I watched a recent episode of Dr. Oz and they bought new with tag undies from top selling stores in several cities....all had urine, fecal matter and blood on them when tested.

You can wash clothes, and get great bargains. I love Gymboree for my daughter, but who can justify spending $20 on a onsie? I find gymboree all the time for 79 cents at Amvets Thrift store. My daughter wears Ralph Lauren rompers that I get for less than $2 then I resell for $15 or more.

We also shop at Consignment shops that carry name brand only items, I go on their end of year season sales where everything is only $1. You can't beat those prices and these days thrifty is good and for many a necessity.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We were at the Goodwill today! I found some great capri pants for about $4.00, and there was a 50% off the blue tags, so I got them for $2.00! We also donate regularly to the Goodwill store. I'd rather shop the Goodwill than go to a rummage sale any day of the week!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• yes i do! i love goodwill, but salvation army is kinda expencive, i went there to look at furniture and there was a red couch that had 3 big holes and it was 200 bucks.
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• not for clothes, unless it's costumes. i will for parts of crafts or parts of electronic items. i just can't imagine sharing a stranger's bodily..stuff
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2010