Why is a hot bath bad?

kaydee8

Asked by kaydee8 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• During pregancy you do not want to raise your temp to much...it can be harmful to the baby. So, A nice warm bath is ok. Don't overheat and drink plenty of cool water! Have a nice bath!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It raises your body temperature. However, i've always taken hot baths, and never encountered a problem. If I feel especially overheated by it, i'll run some cold water in the bath to cool it off.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I had never heard this until I was into my 6th or 7th month, and then was told my the doctor that is was like baking the baby!
    Would have been nice to know in the beginning, but she didn't come out cooked. Lucky I guess.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• when youa re pregnant you have 50% more blood running through you then when you are not pregnant. This is why pregnant women tend to feel a lot warmer when other people may be cold.
    Your body temperature is naturally a bit higher during pregnancy which means it is a lot easier for you to overheat. Im amazed that Kiwismommy's doc told you that it was like cooking the baby, that kinda made me giggle because thats not true lol. the main concern is that it is so much easier for you to overheat which can cause dehydration and all that stuff. a hot bath honestly isnt going to do much harm, especially bc generally when women get too warm you immediately cool the bath off or get out if youre uncomfortable. Just listen to your body if you feel too warm, get out or cool down the water. but dont worry you are not going to cook the baby!! =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I took a HOT bath every single day of my first pregnancy, I mean I lived in the bath towards the end and my daughter came out fine . No problems at all . A super healthy 8lb 6oz baby girl . And I am 25 weeks and spending alot of time in the bath thi time with no worries .
    sarbreen28

Answer by sarbreen28 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2010