Braxton Hicks Question

My contractions only stop when i lay down the second i get out of bed they start again and get painful is this normal???

kaydee8

Asked by kaydee8 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How far along r u?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I will be 37 weeks tuesday
    kaydee8

Comment by kaydee8 (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Well, your body is getting ready to have a baby. Some people take a bit more gearing up than others. I did that with my first for three whole weeks.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• As long as they are not regular then they are nothing to worry about. I had braxton hicks that were really really strong with my daughter and they started when I was about 28 weeks and kept going. I sorta just got used to them. They would be very irregular and randomly stop so I knew they were nothing. Just keep an eye on them. If they stop by laying down then thats a good thing because if it was actual labor they wouldnt stop just by shifting positions. Definitely keep track and if they become very regular and get coser thats a sign of labor, but right now it sounds like regular ole braxton hicks.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• mine have been doing the SAME THING I am 36 weeks... everytime I move get up turn just right sit up.. you name it I get one but if I lay down they get a lot better! don't know if it's normal but I am in the same boat..lol glad to know I am not the only one and that makes me feel a lot better! I don't see my doc for another 2 weeks b/c she is out of town next week...
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It is completely normal! They can be VERY painful towards the end of your pregnancy because your baby is very large and is pressing on all of your nerves and such. Lying down on your left side is the best thing to do to try and relieve the pain. Also, drink lots of water.. It is VERY easy to get dehydrated during pregnancy, and dehydration can cause contractions and pains. If the pain still won't stop, take some tylenol and try a warm bath.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2010