DS has a burn!!!

My 3 year old has a burn on his abdomen. I have no idea what it is from, or how he got it. It appeared when we were working on our new house. It has gotten to the scab phase, but he keeps picking at it and making it bleed. I can't cover it, because he would FREAK out. He doesn't even like band aids on longer than a minute. Any suggestions on how to keep him from picking at it, and creaking it open?

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 5:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my only suggestion is to try aloe vera (from the plant if you can find it) to heal it quicker. Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• my son hates the Drs office see if you tell him if he picks at it again you will have to take him to the drs and he will have to give you a shot.. yes U will have to tell a little white lie to him but if he keeps picking it will get infected and then he will have to go and really get a shot. Try thank not sure if it will work for him but my son hates any kind of shot. Hope it works happy 4th
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• He doesn't really understand what shots are. He has not had to have a shot in quite a long time, and I have to get shots, and my blood drawn a lot, so I don't think that bothers him much. Also, he loves out doctor! lol, he frequently asks to go! He has a canker sore, and said he had to go to the doctor! lol
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Can you cover it when he is asleep and tell him he needs to leave it on? Maybe tuck in his shirt?
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 5:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Are you sure its a burn? Maybe its chemical or something??
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It is a burn. But I am not sure if it is a heat burn or a chemical burn. He is a nudist, and wont wear clothes unless we are going somewhere... He would freak out if there were something there even in his sleep. It really freaks him out to have something stuck to him...
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2010