How soon until I lose weight?

I only drink water and mainly just eat strawberry yogurt all day.I am walking 30 minutes a day(sometimes twice a day) and 20 minutes on a stationary bike.How soon until I start losing weight?Will this help me to lose my flat big butt?

momofsixangels

Asked by momofsixangels at 5:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You need to eat more than just yogurt to lose weight. Incorporate all food groups. Especially protein, fruits and veggis! I am a personal trainer, use www.myfitnesspal.com to see how many calories you need to get to your goal, then start counting the calories you eat everyday, You need to burn more cals than you eat to lose... you should see results within 2 weeks, your body has to get used to the "shock" of you eating better and working out.
    momruns4fun

Answer by momruns4fun at 5:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You may want to eat more. If you don't eat your body will hold on to fat. { that is what I have been told}
    heidi37217

Answer by heidi37217 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I agree with the other people. You need to eat more, but you need to eat the right kinds of food!
    rnl314

Answer by rnl314 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You need to eat more then that. I would advise counting your calories and making sure the food you do eat is healthy. Stick to a lot of lean proteins like tuna fish and green veggies. Make sure you work out every day for an hour.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You need variety in your diet. And don't measure your success in pounds. Muscle ways more than fat. Get yourself a measuring tape at the fabric store and take your measurements. Monitor your measurements once a week, and you'll see progress. Also, make sure that you are varying your exercise routine. Just cardio alone won't do it. You have to have a little bit of everything. If you really want to get your butt into shape, I recommend Slim-in-Six by Beachbody.com.
    I did that four months after my dd was born. I have never been so skinny in my life! I got so many compliments and head turns it was awesome!!! I can't wait to do it again after this baby is born. If you stick the program, you will see results!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 5:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Thanks for all the advice.Im actually scared to eat.I dont want to gain weight and its been a long time since I have actually eaten a meal.How do I force myself to eat?
    momofsixangels

Comment by momofsixangels (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't force it. Just add extra calories in slowly. The goal is to eat like 7 small meals a day to keep your metabolism going.
    heidi37217

Answer by heidi37217 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• youre not going to lose weight by eating strawberry yogurt. eat a BALANCED DIET. small portions. Strawberry yogurt is FULL of sugar anyways.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• you cant live of yogurt! your body will not let you lose weight if your not putting enough into it. you will just store the fats instead of getting rid of them. when i feel i need to lose weight i simply watch my portions and eat extra whole grains. whole grains are full of fiber which fill you up quickly and make you eat less of the bad things. also when you excersize you need to burn more calories day than you take in to lose. so if you have a 1500 calorie diet you need to burn 2100 to see results each day. walking 30 min only burns 60-80 calories. what i do is simple. when i clean up the house i will do a windmill type action for each toy i pick up, or excagerate each move when sweeping. turn everyday activities(which burn calories alone) into super calorie burners by moving your body a little more.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Not eating a proper diet can make you gain weight or just stay where you are. It's not healthy, you have to start eating a balanced diet. If it bothers you to eat so much, then just eat 6 small meals a day.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 4, 2010