Were you named after anyone?

I was named after my aunt but before i turned a year my aunt found out that my mom had made a HUGE mistake and disowned her. When i was about 11ish my aunt decided to forgive my mom. But by that time i had already decided i didn't want to be named after someone who hated my family.
So i go by my middle name.

Were you named after anyone?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was named after my great-grandmother...sort of. No one in my mom's family can remember if her first name was Sarah (my first name is Sara) with the nickname Sally, or if it was the other way around.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 6:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I was named after a soapstar.... She was on the soap opera my mom was watching while she was in labor lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I was named after my daddy's mother, and I am very proud to have been.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No but my name was almost harley davison, but thanks to my mom that one dident fly!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No, my parents just liked the name. They did name my middle name after my mother's middle name.

Answer by Bmat at 6:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Well my middle name(which I hate) is also my moms,grandmother, gr8 grandmothers and gr8 gr8 grandmothers middle name. It's some weird family tradition.

I'm not sure if it is intentional or not but my first name is the same as my dads ex fiancee.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 6:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My middle name is after my nina (godmother). She passed away and I am happy that I have her name to remember her by..she was always very nice to me when I was growing up.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My mom named me after Tabitha on the TV show Bewitched. She did change the spelling to Tabatha. My middle name Darlene is after a dear friend of hers who died. I was lucky she almost named me Pebbles Adele. Pebbles after Pebbles on the Flintstones and Adele after my great grandmother.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My first name is my paternal grandmother's name, and my middle name (which is what I go by) is my maternal aunt's name, but she died of breast cancer before I was born. :-(
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My father and my grandfather.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2010