So my sis went to the doctor and found out she is 2 days shy of being 8 weeks prego...

Her hubby has only been home from Iraq for 6 weeks and 6 days. She is puzzled becuse it doesn't make sense. She said maybe the doc counts the week of her last period...is this true? I am not by any means saying my sis cheated. I'm just trying to understand how the doctor counts the weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is really easy to understand. Her last period was around may 1st. Two weeks later was when she was fertile and around the time her husband got home. So that would have been may 15 + or - a few days.

The doc counts from the first day of the last period.

I had the same thing when I got pregnant on my honey moon, people were counting on their finger to figure out when I got pregnant.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 6:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• They start counting from the first day of her last period...
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Usually they will start counting from the first day of your last period.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• the amount of weeks you are pregnant is not calculated from the day you actually got pregnant, sperm meeting egg, it is the first day of her last period. so it would seem as though she got pregnant the week her hubby got back
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• That being said, If you ovulate 14 days from the start of your period, she must have practically concieved the moment he came back.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• The doctor is right as far as calculation goes, they go by the first day of your last period.

If after a sonigram they think it's a bit off they will adjust it some.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• start counting from the first day of her last period. there is 40 weeks in a pregnancy 36 weeks = 9 months the extra 4 weeks is because the doctor starts counting from her last period
    ladybug0614

Answer by ladybug0614 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Hmm idk, he could be off, my due date was changed after my first u/s, but this is kinda odd!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• The doctors said that my due date was different than it could have been, because I knew when my last period was. It had to do with the development and size of the baby.

Answer by Bmat at 6:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• drs can be wrong how long was he gone?
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 6:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2010