Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does it tick you off that the political race has become all about; age, gender and ethnic background?

All of the comments I see involving the Presidential race are about these 3 things. What about the issues? Surely there has to be others thinking about things besides the package in which the candidates live.

Answer Question
 
Mom4Gma2

Asked by Mom4Gma2 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • yes it does to much emphasis is put on non important rubbish.here we are 5 months away from a critical election. and all this garbage about ,fashion ,age ,gender,and ethnic backround.these issues are waste of our preciouse time!!what about the economy, healthcare,elderly ,schools.......oh yeah GAS PRICES!!!!
    witchyeyes

    Answer by witchyeyes at 12:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • I agree. I could care less about the sex, color, or origin of the potential president.
    ReneeK3

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • If they only talk about these things...they think that we will be distracted and not look at the real issues. How they voted for the real issues and their records. What they believe, what their plans are for the country, How are they going to fix our problems. It is much to easy to talk about issues ..that they think all americans...can understand. They think we are a bunch of idiots! IMO!
    MommasCooCoo

    Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • It infuriates me! Here we are dealing with gas and food prices spiraling out of control and nobody is asking about it or doing anything about it. I think we have reached the point that the rich, politically connected and the media live in a different world than the average American. They don't relate or care because they don't have to. This presidential race is a game, nothing more. I have no confidence in the system or the people in it. It's criminal and it's immoral. I am not sure what, if anything can be done about it. I would love to discuss it more!
    manna1qd

    Answer by manna1qd at 1:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • What news stations are you watching? I watch CNN and MSNBC and they are talking about the issues 90% of the time. the other 10% seem to be about the candidates wives, which dosnt really matter in the race does it? RACE and skin color DO NOT matter in the race for presidency, age to some is a big issue. My issue with the older candidate in our race is his desire to stay in Iraq if it takes a 100 years and his easy joking about bombing Iran. (see Utube video bomb bomb bomb bom, Iran) He seems really eager to push the button someone.
    vbruno

    Answer by vbruno at 1:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • it's not true that no one is doing anything about gas prices, congress is looking into regulating oil speculation.
    autodidact

    Answer by autodidact at 2:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

  • Those three things don't matter to me in the voting booth. Who qualifies for the job does.
    Mangy_Momma

    Answer by Mangy_Momma at 3:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN