What's your favorite childhood memory?

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 6:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was born in Germany and we were poor. I remember 2 we had what you call an Ice Box in the old days where you put a block of ice in it to keep everything cold. when the ice man came around and gave use a small chunk it was like Christmas we would be so happy.
    The other is my Grandma had a pear tree on the farm oh hated the out house yuck anyway we had bread call Brochens I think I spelled it wrong and way for dinner we would have this bread with a little butter and the pears oh my that was the greatest dinner. I tell my kids how I grew up and things they don't understand how a simple meal would make me happy oh well when they grow up and have kids they will understand when they tell stories..It all still brings a smile to my face remembering..
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My Papa taking me to the playground and to the donut shop! His bithday would have been tomorrow!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Playing with my cousins. We always had so much fun doing the smallest things! Our favorite toy was a tree. We'd sit in that tree for hours! We loved catching lightening bugs and making necklaces out of clover flowers! I miss being a kid sometimes!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I got my first horse, well a pony, when I was 6. It started a life long love of horses. My brother and I showed quarter horses for 12 years and then on to giving riding lessons.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• getting tickled by my mother at bedtime
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• SUMMERS! We played outside EVERYDAY! Playing capture, riding bikes, skating and playing sports...Our parents would have to SCREAM for us to come inside..heck we barely wanted to stop to eat dinner. Our neighbors had BBQ's together, it was like extended family with a few families on my block....I miss that

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Dancing to 45's on the record player with my mom and aunt

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Being babysat by my Grandma. My sister and brother and I had the most amazing summers at grandmas house. My mom and dad had to work, so they would drop us off with her at 7 am and we were there til 330 or 4 pm monday through friday. We spent the days outside playing, riding bikes, we'd go pick wild blackberries and grandma would make us fresh blackberry cobblers, and sometimes when my mom got off work we would all have dinner at my grandma's house. Her homemade spaghetti was the best ever. I will never forget those long, lazy summers.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I don't have any or many.. But the people I lived with. When car shopping I suggested they buy the '68 Dodge Polara. Since if they did I'd get a White Dodge girl's Cow girl Hat! I've been a long time Dodge Girl lover ever since!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Going to the 99 cent show in Dangerfield texas. My moms family lived in Mt pleasant and we would always drive past to see what was playing when we went to visit them. Sometimes if there was something playing mom wanted to see we'd go see it on the way back through. We show Pocahontas twice there. I don't go to Mt. Pleasant much any more except to visit my daddy's grave but when we do we drive past to see what's playing. Its like a tradition. Now though its a 1.50 but that's still cheap!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2010