Okay so my mother seems to change what she believes every few years...her lastest is

She believes that everyone will go to heaven. My first though was. What?!? What about the the guys in the news that beat his 2yo for over an hour until she died or all the other people that hurts and kills there children? She thinks EVERYONE is going to heaven! I do not believe I will be going to the same place as those terrible people someday. I dont believe God takes kindly to ANYONE hurting HIS babies! If there is one thing that will keep you out of heaven then I believe it is hurting little children! Do you agree? And if not why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I don't believe everyone goes to Heaven, but we can all be forgiven for our sins so we can go to Heaven. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• What was her response when you asked her about child abusers? I think she changes her beliefs because she is still not sure what to believe. I'm not even sure what I believe in or feel is right, yet. My only sure belief is that all pedophiles should die. I'm still learning and growing, therefor my beliefs seem to follow suit. She may be "old" but you never stop learning and changing, so I'd recommend just letting her believe whatever suits her in the moment. :-) GL

aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 6:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Only God can judge them, not you.
    beefjerky

Answer by beefjerky at 6:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• While I know that everyone is not going to heaven, I also know that God is a loving and forgiving God. I believe that a person can make amends and ask forgiveness for just about anything. However, a sin is a sin. I trust God's word to guide me in my every day life and affairs.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• There is no sin that renders Jesus Christ powerless to forgive. I believe he can, and will, forgive all. A perfect God does not see sin the same way we do; all sin is unacceptable to him. Every person is a sinner that needs his saving grace. If we got into heaven by who sinned worse and by being compared to others, Jesus who lived a perfect life, would knock us all out of the running.

We graciously accept his offer for salvation as no one is deserving. It is not our place to deny it to other people.

Faith is a journey and we are constantly growing and adapting to new ideas, especially when we cross something in our paths that challenges us. As I have grown, I have gone from a very Conservative Christian to an extremely Liberal one. It's my journey with God.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Perhaps she is under the belief that there are different levels of heaven? Or perhaps you misunderstood her if she stated that those who believe in Jesus will go to heaven (so long as they repent of their sins, etc). Personally though I don't believe in heaven.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2010