Does any one have a recommnedation if its worth buying a double stroller. I have a 4 year old and 2 year old, any model recommendations?

Does any one have a recommnedation if its worth buying a double stroller. I have a 4 year old and 2 year old, and I have been having a hard time deciding what model to buy for the double stroller. I just want to be able to buy a stroller that will make it so much easier for me to take them out to the stores or just for a stroll.
Thank you

bluna3

Asked by bluna3 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well IMO unless you have a very big trunk then no it is not worth it bc you wont have room for anything else. My girls are 21mo. apart and when I was pg with my now 2yr old I wanted one of those sit and stand strollers. Got one too for a baby shower gift but once I realized how much room it took up in the trunk of my van I took it back and got a reg. stroller instead.
    MybabyKisses

Answer by MybabyKisses at 7:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I have four children, ages 4 and under. There is NO way it is worth it to buy a new double stroller. It would be a much better idea to buy a new wagon!! We love our wagon - got it off of craigslist. Check online and at garage sales for a used double stroller. We have two of them and they are very nice to have. Ours are hand me downs., but we would never buy one! LOVE the wagon and use it most often. We can even get the four kids in it when necessary, although it fits the 3 oldest best.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would think for your kid's ages that a sit and stand might be better. I have three kids, three and under and I love having my double stroller. I wouldn't go anywhere if I didn't have it. I have a car with a big trunk. I can fit the stroller and all my groceries in it! I have a graco duoglider. It moves real nice. I got it at a consignment sale. I am looking to get a sit and stand come fall since my older two are not as napping as much and are getting really good at walking with me. I figure that w/the sit and stand they can walk but still take a break when they get tired or still have someplace to sit if they are not listening.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i would recommend a sit and stand i had a regular double stroller and my son outgrew it so i just so it and i am not going to bother getting another one.
    NSeni

Answer by NSeni at 8:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I have a Graco DuoGlide as well and love it. We take it everywhere. I can get it in the back of my van along with a single stroller, all my groceries, and whatever little stuff my kids have thrown back there. My kids are 4, 2 and 7 months.

Before buying one though, I would look at how much your oldest is able to/willing to walk. If she is good at walking places, then you don't really need a double. My 4 year old sometimes walks, sometimes doesn't. Depending on where we are, she has a wandering problem as well, so we still put her in the stroller most of the time. I know a lot of people who have a 4 year old that walks everywhere. You have to look at what you LO does.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• For the ages, I would recommend a sit and stand too. But those strollers are really long, and some dont fit in regular cars, and only fit in vans or suvs. You might want to measure first to make sure that it will fit in your vehicle.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010