How do you teach your children not to curse when your husband does it all the time!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• you teach your husband not to curse.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• the way i dealt with this, is first i told hubbie the kid was picking up the cuss words, then i explained to her that there were some adult words she shouldn't be using and those words adults couldn't or shouldn't use, but do.
    Jewelzgirl

Answer by Jewelzgirl at 7:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I curse alot too..Its a BAD habit I picked up from my Mom-Mom who lived with us growing up.

My kids, 8 & 4 know they are NOT to curse. My daughter, sweety that she is thinks its wrong and tells me that some 3rd & 4th graders curse on teh bus! lol,,,,,My 4 yr old however can't WAIT to curse...I am sure by 1st grade he will be cussing it up on the bus when I am out of ear shot...that boy...oy!!

But they know adults can maked decisions about those things and they will make a choice ne day too on how to carry themselves. Until THAT time, they are not to say adult things, drink adult beverages (my son wants a BEER too) , watch adult things , or get involed with adult conversations

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I agree that you need to talk to your husband and tell him your kids are picking up his language and he needs to stop so the kids don't say it in public and you guys get embarrassed. At the same time, I would also tell my kids that there are these words that grown ups are not supposed to use but do sometimes. I have told my 3 year old that grown ups make bad choices too and need to try really hard to make good choices all the time. That way she knows not all actions she sees from a grown up are things she can do too. When she does see something I don't let her do, she tells me he/she is making a bad choice and should not do that. GL!
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You need to sit them down and let them know that just because mommy and daddy say certain words doesnt mean they can.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010