WTF...what would you do??

My husband and I have been separated for a year now. I discovered he's been sleeping with prostitutes for most of our 6 year marriage and he's addicted to porn and masturbating. He says he's in recovery...I don't believe anything he says due to years of deception. I can't ever see us reconciling. I don't wish any harm on him, I want him to get better. He asked me today if the kids(ages 3-5) and I would join his sex addict group on a family outting. I said HELL TO THE NO!!! I will not be comfortable with myself and my children in a group of sex addicts. Moms I need help on this one....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you should go with him but find a sitter for the kids. Kids don't belong involved in their parents problems like that.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Boy, I'd be uncomfortable too. You don't sound like you will be getting back together so I would not go. If you both had hoped to reconcile it would be a different issue.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Iithink u r smart to stay away from that! He needs to get his issues taken care of first and your children do not belong in a group of recovering sex addicts and their kids!
    Love2LaughaLot

Answer by Love2LaughaLot at 7:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I don't blame you. That would be quite uncomfortable.I don't believe sexual addiction is real. I think its just a case of "my wants and needs supercede those of my family's health"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I don't blame you for not going. But whether or not you decide to go is up to you, but I really don't think it would be good for the children.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• If you want to salvage the relationship then you go, but your kids are not even close to old enough to understand what sex addiction is. And they definitely aren't old enough to participate in that group. If you want to continue your marriage it would be good for you though.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• People do not change, EVER! I am so glad that you have tremendous respect for yourself! You deserve better and You have a good head on your shoulders too. I think any decision you make will be the right one for you and your children who are #1. Best wishes & I hope you meet someone who deserves YOU!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• If you think there is a chance the marriage could work, and you want to keep it- then I would say go but without the kids. They are little and they really would not understand the whole thing. If you think that the marriage is over then I would say don't go, and do not let the children go either.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i would never take your young children to such a thing if you want to be a part of his recovery than go if not suggest he find someone who is more willing to be supportive of him a friend, brother, cousin and so on and the prostitute thing i hope he was smart and used protection and that Your health is ok if you havent already gotten checked i would recommend it good luck
    mrswhipple707

Answer by mrswhipple707 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Do what is right and what makes u happy.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2010