How do you celebrate your anniversary?

My 7th wedding anniversary is tomorrow (4th of July). I'm curious what everyone does for their anniversary. It's pretty much the same for us every year (except when our son was 1, he got sick so we didn't do anything), go out to dinner and then go watch the fireworks display. We get there about 4 hours early so we have a place to park and then we sit and wait. It's really dull, LOL. They used to hold the fireworks display at the park that's across the freeway from us, but they stopped doing that a couple of years before we bought this house. A pity, because it would be nice to just cookout and then watch them from our own backyard. No need to fight traffic or for parking spots, LOL. Oh well. But yeah, I would love to be able to do something different, but this is pretty much all DH wants to do. I don't mind the fireworks, it's just sitting and waiting around for hours that I'm not crazy about.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• We go to dinner and a movie or, if money is tight, just a movie. We have been married for almost 25 years.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Dinner & a movie... If their aren't any good movies, just dinner. After this long together, we don't really see a point in going all out. Plus, it's the ONLY day a year we get to do dinner & movie without kids - so it is kinda like going all out.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Congratulations on your anniversary! We usually go out for a meal, mainly. Maybe walk around a bit.

Answer by Bmat at 9:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2010