How do you celebrate your anniversary? (piog)

My 7th wedding anniversary is tomorrow (4th of July). I'm curious what everyone does for their anniversary. It's pretty much the same for us every year (except when our son was 1, he got sick so we didn't do anything), go out to dinner and then go watch the fireworks display. We get there about 4 hours early so we have a place to park and then we sit and wait. It's really dull, LOL. They used to hold the fireworks display at the park that's across the freeway from us, but they stopped doing that a couple of years before we bought this house. A pity, because it would be nice to just cookout and then watch them from our own backyard. No need to fight traffic or for parking spots, LOL. Oh well. But yeah, I would love to be able to do something different, but this is pretty much all DH wants to do. I don't mind the fireworks, it's just sitting and waiting around for hours that I'm not crazy about.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We just go out to eat. What if you did crosswords or something like it while you wait? We ended up doing crosswords by accident once on vacation. It was hilarious because my husband can not spell very well. We were laughing our heads off.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We don't do anything. My life is so boring you get to go out I don't even get that. I wish I could help U but I can't sorry
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We usually just go out to eat. We're not big on celebrations.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Happy Anniversary!!! Hubs and I celebrated ours on the 22nd. During our 'childless' years we would take our Anniversary week off work, decide where we wanted to go for our anniversary and then made hotel reservations and we would 'play tourist' and eat out. Now that we have kids we don't do that anymore. Now I will take the day off work (sometimes hubs does too) and then we get a sitter and go out for supper and maybe a movie.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Take a really nice picnic to a park and watch the fireworks like that. Bring some wine, votive candles in glass jars, a pretty blanket, and your favorite foods. fruit and chocolate for dessert. ditch the candles if you bring your son :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We don't usually do anything.  Our anniversary is January 7.  I think we went out for our 1st anniversary and that's also when I got pregnant with our 2nd child, lol.  Then we didn' t have anyone that could watch the kids so we couldn't do anything alone.  They always go with us if we go out (that's if my husband even has off that night because he works all different hours/days).

The last time we did something just the 2 of us was for our 9th anniversary which was in 09.  We didn't do anything for our 10th.  We used to do a toast every year.  My mom got us engraved champagne flutes and left a note to toast and remember why we got married.  There are only 2 years we didn't: 07 and our marriage almost ended and this year and we already got into a huge fight and he almost walked away again.  I don't normaly believe in signs but...

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Happy Anniversary. I guess some ahead planning has to be done for this. I hope you get to fit in some romance and fun times!! Me. I'm not one to ask.. I haven't yet had a honeymoon, vacation , weekend away Etc.. Ever.. DH forgot even our 25th Wedding Anniversary because it snuck up on him. This August we'll be Married 30 years! But I'm very ill and can't look forward to anything. Besides my poor health we're all jobless. Can't do anything! I so hope for a happy surprise for you! Try to make some time and make something happen if there's any Hearts fireworks know they're meant for your love & Happiness. Hope it so works out!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yeah I would love to make a hotel reservation sometime and just spend the night there. Hoping next year we'll be able to take a vacation, since the last time we went was 4 years ago when we conceived our son (*eye wiggle*). We are definitely overdue! We definitely don't mind celebrating with our son. It might not be romantic (DH isn't really anyway), but it's fun to have the kiddo around, he brightens are lives.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2010