How would you show your appreciation?

My husband and I have fantastic friends in our lives. We're getting ready to move from one base to another (they're only 8 miles apart) and we have an apartment out in town (so a total of TWO houses to move). I'm 7 months pregnant, and my husband won't let me do much. One of my besties went down with him to help get one house all packed and cleaned up. Another friend is watching all 3 of our kids while we move, and two others are actually helping us move, from packing, loading, and unloading. We really want to show them how much we appreciate them. How would YOU do this if you were in our shoes? Anything fun an creative would be awesome!

milfalicious08

Asked by milfalicious08 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Throw a bbq, fun and relaxed and totally appropriate for the summer.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We usually just do a big barbecue for everyone who helps us when we move (I know how it is, military moves lol). We've moved from house to house at every base we've been at due to privatization, remodeling, family growing, etc. A barbecue can get expensive depending on how many people there are, but its what we all do for each other when we help each other move. We make sure to buy nice meats, have good sides (fresh grilled corn on the cob, homemade potato salad, homemade desserts), lots of beer and soda, and plenty of fun games to play. It's always a blast!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I agree about the barbecue, that or a pizza party.

Answer by Bmat at 7:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• BBQ is a great idea. or buy them all a gift card seperatly, to a place you know they would like...
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 7:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• #I really appreciate this y'all##$
    Adulun6

Answer by Adulun6 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2010