I've decided to go p/t at work so I can finish school, my husband is supporting me all the way.....but

I just feel that this will set us back financially. After I'm done with my BA I need to pursue my MA in Speech Pathology to become fully certified. My plan B is try to find a job with my BA and wait a year or 2 to pursue my MA. I feel like I have put so much time in to school that I'm always to busy for family time it's a hard juggle. My daughters are 16 and 9, I want to be able to give them the things they need, I just feel that I've filled my plate to much:( any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• Working part time would be a lot easier on you, and you will be better able to focus on your classes . I had to work full time with a 1 and 2 year old for my last 3 semesters. It was just insane. It will be easier on you and your kids if you don't have to work as much while going to school. In the end it will pay off. I was such a frantic mess all the time that there is no way it could have been good for my girls.
    missmarla1

Answer by missmarla1 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I left my job after my twins were born, I had intended to continue working but they were preemies and needed so extra care and needed to be home so I stopped working. When I decided to return to work I knew I'd have to go back to school because I'd been away from work too long. It has been difficult at times, because we had to change how we do things, I'm not home as much, We had  to cut way back on the kids extra activities because I need to spend time studying I can't take them everywhere I used to. It's an adjustment but really worth it. Good luck.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Honestly, I am in a similar situation so I don't know much advice I can give you. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what we as moms do, we are always going to feel like we are neglecting someone/something. I would have you and your husband look over the budget and see what you could cut out. If you have any debt such as credit cards or you don't have a few thousand in savings for emergencies then you may want to consider working full time and going part-time (if possible) until you have it taken care of. With having those two things taken care of it will be less stressful for you to go to school full time and be able to concentrate on your studies. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I work part time and I go to school I am broke and have very little time for everything but my production business and school is helping me do this so if I am broke for a little while it will be worth it. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I am going to school and not working. Financially we are good. I just hate not working and bringing income! lol
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2010