Are you infested with flies & mosquitoes in your neck of the woods?

OMG!!! It has rained 3 days straight and everything in our backyard looks jungly...lol it scary anyway I went out there to check things out and omg I must have gotten bitten 20 times :( I wasn't expecting that but yeah that is when mosquitoes flock to freshly rain to lay their eggs... Duh! I am ok now but damn they itches so bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• One of the great things about living here is that we don't have mosquitoes. I haven't seen a mosquito since I left Illinois 5 years ago and I don't miss them. They used to chew the hell out of me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Its not too bad in town, but my parents house is located way back in the woods with creeks, ponds, and a river in the area. I literally put OFF on the kids before we get out of the car. I am generally anti-bugspray, but they are just too bad this year. Our 1 yr old got 12 bites just from going from the car to the house and house to the car. :(
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My city is sooo infested. It pretty much has/is raining here every day for the last month. It's ridiculous. The city sprayed for them a week ago, but it's rained since then and there is so much water lying around in ditches and gullies and any low lying areas that spraying once hardly made a dent. It was good for a couple days, but they're as bad as ever again. My legs almost look like they've got acne I have so many bites. And you can't find bug spray anywhere in the city. Ugh, I hate mosquitos!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Mosquitoes and chiggars are wicked bad here.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We are having drought like conditions here, so the skeeters are down thank God, but man oh man the flies and the sand ants are crazy bad here. I live in NW Ohio. We had to break down and buy a sprinkler over the weekend because our lawn is dead and our tree out front is showing signs of stress and actually has leaves turning and dropping from lack of water. I love when it is this hot though, we have a pool and it is nice to enjoy it. I can live without the flies and ants though lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010