dumba**es and the 4th of July

How busy do you think paramedics,firefighters and E.R.s will be in the next few days? We seem to have a surplus of stupid people doing stupid stuff with fireworks.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son is a FF/Medic and he has been running his butt off all day. Drinking, fireworks and time off work is a perfect combination for idiocy. At theiir saftely stand down meeting last week the Chief went over the numbers for last 4th. Every lifeflight bird that flew that weekend was alcohol related.. It terrifies me when I know he's on the side of the freeway. He lost a crew member last yr. HIT by a drunk driver while rendering aid to an elderly Cardiac victim. Slow down for emergency vehicles folks. That is someones son or daughter, husband or wife, sister or brother, Mom or Dad.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My husband is a booking officer at our jail and he has to work both tonight and tomorrow night. He is dreading it because of all the roadblocks and the stupid people running about. Last night he said that there was one lady who was brought for not having a license. She was bonded out, got a taxi cab to her car and went through the same road block and was sent back to jail again! There is something about holidays that make people lose any common sense that they did have.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Let's hope everyone stays lucky and safe. Let's hope everyone has some guides, friends and angels to keep them safe and others won't have to work so hard!! I feel for those having to clean up the messes and damages/injuries etc..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• hopefully they wont be full or busy at all and every one will have a HAPPY and SAFE 4th of JUlY.

Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I get scared every effing year...

My neighbors get loaded and blow stuff up.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2010