Is it better I raise my kids oversea or here in America?

Maybe we're going to go overseas to raise the kids in the middle east. I don't know?

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• where at over there?
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• my DH is chaldean and his people are from iraq, his aunt lives there and wants to leave badly, they wont let her get a green card!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• The middle east is an very large area. Night and day difference between the countries. Can't really make a generalizing sweeping statement about anything in regard to the region as a whole.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• If I had a chance to move to another country I would, provided that country did not have a war going on or even occassionaly has a war break out on their soil. Other than that .... Yes I wouldn't hesitate to raise my child in a different country.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I think, like here, it's all about location. Their are good and bad places everywhere in the world, it's all about finding the good ones and staying out of the bad. My advice is do your research, just as you would were you moving across country. Familiarize yourself with local customs & legal proceedings as well as common laws. You'll also want to look in to things such as how are women & children treated, what are the schools like, crime rate and healthcare, education and other common concerns... Just like if you were, moving to a town you don't know... Check it out, if you think you could be comfortable living there and raising your kids there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2010