36 weeks pregnant and baby bottle question?

ok with my son I used the cheaper bottles and they worked just fine had no problems with them... My question is that was 6 years ago there are SOOOO many bottles know I am lost... I don't see spending $20 on 3 bottles but wouldn't the cheaper ones still be alright to use?

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 8:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are going to bottle feed, I recommend avents. mainly because they have so many differnt nipple flows and then you can change them out to sippy cups for sport tops for toddlers. I used only avents with my older, but I tried the cheapy gerber bottles with my second. He blew thru the nipple sizes so fast I had to change back over to avents. Should have just started with the avents again.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We used Playtex VentAire bottles and loved them!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Im sure the cheaper ones are okay..now they say dont use bottles unless they are BPA free...But I agree with Erin814..I used PlaytexVentaire and the were a dream!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Every bottle I've seen lately is BPA free, I don't think they make the non-BPA free anymore.

I don't know the name of the bottles we're using, but they were 97 cents a piece at Walmart ($2.97 for a three-pack so we bought them individually to save 6 cents. lol) They work just fine, my son has no problem with them. The vent-aire bottles are nice too, my daughter had those. She was breastfed inititally so she liked those nipples because they were more "natural shaped". With this child, I didn't breastfeed at all so he takes the basic nipples just fine.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My son was breastfed but whenever I pumped and someone fed him a bottle, it was a cheap one. I got some more expensive ones at my baby shower but he liked the Parents Choice from WalMart with the little pictures on them the best.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 9:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I like the vent aires :) And i have heard dr browns are great too.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I like Tommee Tippee, but every baby prefers different ones. Go with what your baby likes, if that means you save a little cash then that's great!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• w/ my first i bought the more expensive bottles like avent or nuk. i was really concerned about nipple confusion so that's why we started out w/ the NUKS.

w/ my 2nd, he was in the NICU for a few weeks (preemie) so he was unable to breastfeed at first, and had to be bottle fed obviously because i couldn't be there 24/7. they had just regular bottles, so when we got home, that's what we used. the evenflo and gerber bottles that are really cheap. BUT he does have trouble latching & isn't the greatest nurser. idk if it's from the nipples or from his prematurity
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i mean idk if the cheaper bottles/nipples contributed to nipple confusion, which might make him have latch problems
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I started with Dr browns and loved them but got sick of washing parts! I swear by the wide ventaire bottles, my son isnt colicky and never ever spits up. My best advise is to wait until your baby is here before you buy bottles, just incase the baby wont take to whatever you buy. Buy one and go from there. found the best deals on ebay-buy used bottles and sterilize the bottles and just buy new nipples for them, thats whay I did!!!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2010