Would you think anymore of this?

I'd say about a month ago my in laws and bil came over to visit (bil has been divored for 10 yrs. now) trying to get his life in order he really is a very sweet guy but so opposite from my dh anyway one Friday night me and him stayed up all night just talking at the kitchen table he was on one end and I was on the other I mean were just talking about everything & anything my dh worked nights that night well it got so late that it was time for my dh to come home and he does and says hi to his brother n gets a little upset with me for not sleeping (WTF)
My BIL is like I am sorry for keeping u up I am like don't worry about it my dh is just the jealous type. I go to bed and my dh wants to argue I am like could u get over it I was upset that he was upset. I told him maybe if you would talk to me sometime I would have went to bed. I like talking to men who listen with them thinking anything more of it. Why is my dh so jealous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• You goofed when you made it seem that the reason you talked to your BIL was because of something lacking in your husband. That was a hurtful thing to say, true or not. I don't know if you can make amends by saying you are sorry and that he was right you should have gone to sleep. That you were too tired and the first thing that popped into your mind came out of your mouth and that you didn't mean it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Umm..so you have a bedtime? I guess you were supposed to tell his brother "sorry can't tallk, must go to bed, hubby says so"? WTF?? Hubby needs to get over himself. For f**k's sake you were at the kitchen table (I'm assuming in clothes). It's not like you and BIL came strolling out of the bedroom or jumped up off the couch, adjusting things. Men can be such idiots sometimes.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 9:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'm sure there is sibling rivalry involved in that so don't sweat it. He's probably always been measured by his brother's great qualities and the ones he is lacking. He'll get over it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You and your husband have to have a real heart to heart talk.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Honestly I can see why he is mad. Put yourself in his shoes.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• he is insecure. ask him why
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 4:31 AM on Jul. 4, 2010