I just got home and I am furious with my husband. What do you think?

His brother and family are in town for the weekend at his mothers house which is about 30 minute drive away. My dh doesn't drink allot but he does when his brother is hear. They went golfing today with both his brothers and I knew he would get drunk. I drove to her house to meat them after golf which he said around 2:00 but got back at 6:00 they went to hooters. I didn't care about that but around 7:45 I was getting our 7 month old baby to sleep in his moms room. When I came him and his brothers were gone. They had went to a pool hall. They had been joking about going we said no way you are all to drunk to drive. Now he has no way home I packed up the baby and left. Told him don't come home and don't call me tommorrow. We are supposed to have bbq at other brothers house down the road from his moms. I told his mom sorry but I'm not coming tommorrow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, its a good thing that he doesnt do this very often. I'd be upset too, if I had the amount of responsibilites you have. You dont have the freedom right now to go and do like he did today. Let your mom pick his drunk butt up from the pool hall. Maybe she can sober him up to thinking clearly. Sorry mamma..:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• umm. . . did he just drink too much, or did he drive? I would've asked his mom to watch the kids and shuttled him to the pool hall myself, and then had a good time at the bbq, and then let him have it when we got home.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yeah, sorry, maybe you were mad when you typed this but I also don't get why its a big deal.. did HE drive? why don't you tell him to call a cab? was he expecting you to wake the baby and get him??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• oops sorry I meant his mom
    beyondhopes

• I think he is behaving irresposibly. I aslso think your reaction is way off the line. You said he doesn't drink a lot. He's having a good time with his brothers on a holiday weekend. Unless he drove, or got in a car with someone who was wasted I don't see the problem.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• grr. *Irresponsibly sorry
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2010