Baby Food

Does anyone have a favorite website where you can find different kinds of baby food recipes??

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• if you look at the book Super Babyfoods (you can probably get it from interlibrary loan) it tells you what foods you can do yourself, and how to store them etc. The main thing I remember is it said not to make your own carrots...(something in them that is sometimes not safe, and the jar food makers know how to test for it etc.)
    energygirl

Answer by energygirl at 9:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• What do you want to make? Most stuff is pretty easy. I'll give you ideas if you give me an idea of what you're looking to make.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• wholesomebabyfood.com
    You can google baby food guidelines and a whole bunch pop up. But this is my fave. It give you recipes as well as what foods they can start at different months.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Perfect! Thank you so much, Im looking into making ALL of my baby food and didn't know where to start! Thanks for your help ladies!
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I made my own baby food and it's incredibly easy... when I see someone buying stuff like "banana" or "apple" baby food I really crack up b/c all you have to do is mash up a banana or, buy all natural apple sauce (non sugar and 1st ingrediant is apple).

I make my fruits and veggies, puree them, stick em' in ice cube trays and volia! done!

I started at wholesomebabyfood.com and use it as a reference at times, I the food about once per months.

You'll get the most bang for your buck w/ carrots, sweet potatos and squash. But I do it all- pears, mango, peas, green beans, blueberries, etc.

MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• if you google it a million will pop up!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Wholesome baby food looks like a great start! Thank you for all your input!
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2010