I want to install a curtain rod, can I do it by myself?

Is it easy to screw in the hardware ladies to hang the curtains? I have to do this myself and I have no idea what tools I need or how to do it. My neighbors cut down their huge tree today and the light is blinding me as I sit here on the computer, the blinds that cover the back door are useless at this point!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• They make spring loaded curtain rods that take no tools to install. Just like a shower rod, you twist out to the right length and pop them inside the window frame.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It's super easy! All you need is a screw driver.. and to make it a little easier, a hammer and a small nail. Hammer the small nail where you need the hole, then remove the nail, this way it is easy to drive the screw into the wall.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 9:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yes, you can install by yourself. You will need atlease a power drill. Now what I did when I was single ( an broke) for a quick fix depending on your window, you can use an adjustable showercurtain rod and then get the big loop curtains, looks classy but no power tools needed, other wise you go get the cheap curtains and drill the holders up and put some curtains up.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 9:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yeah, it is pretty easy to do by yourself. Just make sure you follow the directions that come with the curtain rod. You will probably need a screwdriver and a ruler. The ruler is so you can measure how far up and out you are from the window so the curtain rod is level.
    beanielips

Answer by beanielips at 9:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Is it a large window or a standard window, as in one window pane? If so, you can get cheap rods for $1 at walmart and they are easy peasy to screw in the wall and hang some curtains from. I have done it sooo many times. Even the larger curtain rods that need screwed in are easy. If it is heavy duty just get a hand held cheap elec screw driver. But I am assuming you just need a basic rod which is the 1.00 kind.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I agree with the other ladies, you can definitely hang the curtain rod yourself. Good luck!
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• you can use an adjustable showercurtain rod and then get the big loop curtains, looks classy but no power tools needed, other wise you go get the cheap curtains and drill the holders up and put some curtains up.

I love this idea! It would be great for my DD's room since she is always changing her mind and has pulled the rod out of the wall!
    beanielips

Answer by beanielips at 10:04 AM on Jul. 4, 2010