Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Need advice

I no that yall are sick of hearing about my personal problems but your the only ones who can help me. well me and my hubby got into a fuss the other night and he was trying to take my kids so I slapped him and he told me if I didnt let him take the kids he was gonna put me in jail. so I let him take the kids but he came back talking about how much he loved me. And just a few min ago he started talking bad to me like he always does with that atittued that I hate so what do you think I should do should I go or should I stay?

Answer Question

Asked by Heather9601 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

Level 5 (84 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • For the kids sake if yall cannot be around one another right now, or fight behind closed doors, maybe get into couple's counseling.

    Answer by txdaniella at 9:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • If your best friend told you about this, how would you advise her?

    Answer by Bmat at 9:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • I think that if the two of you cannot get along in front of your children that you should separate from each other while you figure it out. It's very unhealthy for kids to witness abuse. Best wishes.

    Answer by Erin814 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • You both need counseling, couples counseling and indiviudal counseling. This is an abusive relationshipl

    Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • Wow! Please seek help or leave!

    Answer by MommyH2 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • I hope you didn't slap him in front of your kids.

    Answer by Brandi300 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • It's one thing to argue in front of kids but if he actually slapped you it's another story. It really sounds that you need couple's theorpy or to at the very least seperate for a little bit. Sometimes spending time apart is enough. but the kids really shouldn't be around it if for the very least to prevent them from acting the same way. my parents used to throw things at each other and i was always afraid that they'd do it to me. which is why i try very hard to hold my temper in check. if you guys can't afford theropy maybe try to see if you can get him to do some meditations to help calm the nerves and try to talk things out.

    Answer by TwistdClick3 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • You and him need to separate for as long as it take
    Those poor kids having to go through this. You and need to get it together for the sake of the children.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 9:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • File for custody so he can't threaten you with the kids again; my ex did that and it took me two years to get my kids back (which still isn't totally official until our next court date). It sounds like you could use some time apart; some couples can work issues out better when they separate and for those that don't (like me and my ex) I'm happier as a single mom than as my ex-husband's emotional punching bag.

    Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

  • you two need some counseling. he needs to understand children are not pawns in his game. you need to not resort to violence. both of you seem to have trouble understanding how to get through to each other without a shocking, dramatic event. this is not going to get you anywhere. however, counseling can help give you the tools to learn to communicate with each other and work together.

    Answer by figaro8895 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.