TMI- pooping blood for 10 days now, any idea why?

Red blood, and a few clots. Its coming from my bowels, but bleeds with or without a bowel movement. I sat down just to pee and i relaxed enough I guess and it just started bleeding. It is a fast flow of blood- and when I wipe theres a lot of blood.

I've been having abdominal pains for over two months- sharp and sudden, like when you have diarrhea, only I dont have diarrhea. The bleeding stops when Im not going to the bathroom, perhaps because the muscle is so tight? But I have had a few spots of blood in my underwear.

I have a constant rectal pressure, like I need to go, even after I have gone. I have gone to the E.R and they said it isnt hemrhoids, and I scheduled a Colonoscopy but I cant get in until July 12th.. any ideas what this could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Health

• Are you by chance taking YAZ birth control?
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 10:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I agree with GavinsMommii. I would not wait until the 12th and I think you need to see a specialist or different doctor immediately. This sounds very serious. It is never a good think when you are pooping blood...let alone the way you described.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• That does not sound good. I would go back to the dr and get a second opinion. That sounds very serious.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 10:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• sicfeel betterI would call your doctors office, sometimes the doctor can get you in a lot sooner then you can. I would call Tues. morning ASAP. I wish you luck and I hope you feel better real soon!!

sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You should put a call into the doctor that scheduled the colonoscopy.  If this was going on when you saw the doctor and he scheduled the colonoscopy he must not have thought is was an emergency. If this has gotten worse since you saw him you should do something soon it doesn't sound good.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• red blood or darker almost black blood?

the color of the blood will tell you roughly where in the digestive tract it's coming from. darker means closer to the stomach end, redder means closer to the anus.

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Ulcerative colitis,cancer. You need to see a doc PRONTO girl!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• OP here... I am taking Yaz, is that a bad thing???  I talked to a doctor and they said the best they can do is a colonoscopy and told me to wait til July 30th, but after I made an issue about it they said the soonest they can do is the 12th...

stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 11:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I was also on yaz when my stomach problems started about 2 months ago I stopped the yaz I am having sever stomach cramps,no blood in the stool but constant diahrea,I had a colonoscopy on wed I had a polyp removed and a biopsy. I have been to er and everything. I hope your test come back ok.
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 12:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I worked in nursing at a nursing home and I can say that if this were happening to one of my patients I would speak to the Dr. immideatly. Don't wait because this sounds really bad. Hopefully it's not, but better to be safe then sorry. I mean who knows, you could have internal bleeding.
    merlynn

Answer by merlynn at 4:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2010