Have you been in this situation before?

My SO and I have been together going on 4 years.

We both feel like we need to part ways in order to be successful individuals, we have become very co-dependent and it's doing very lttle for us. But we both are so attached, it's more out of just habit of having one another around.

I am a SAHM and looking for work and even with a part timejob I can afford a 1 bedroom apartment for me and my LO, he will have an apartment as well, probably one bedroom, for LO when he has his days, but we're both really reluctant. It's one of those situations where we mutually look at each other and love one another so much, but we love ourselves more. KWIM

anyone have this happen? outcomes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I can understand where you are coming from. It's hard to branch out on your own, but sometimes it's necessary. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I dont think that its you love yourself more. I think you guys got to a stale mate and your stuck. You loved him enough to marry him and make vows to him. I have been a single parent for 7 yrs. It has not been easy. My ex was abusive or I would still be with him. How bout a time apart for awhile? I lost so much when I got my divorce. It was for the best, but I have had to work my ass off over the last 7 years to make ends meet for my kids and I. Even tonight, when it was his scheduled visit he called and asked me to bring the kids over and asked me for money cause he was broke this weekend. It has been such a tremendous load on my shoulders over these past 7 yrs. I just want you to make sure that there is no turning back before you move forward. In your last sentence you said you guys still loved each other, thats got to be worth something to try to fix this thing before you go threw with it
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Have you tried counseling? Maybe some professional guidance can help you guys work things out more effectively. Best of luck.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 10:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Im a bit confused... isnt that what love is all about... having someone that you can depend upon???
    Too dependant????
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You guys are a family so why would you want to be successful as individuals why not and try to be successful as a family, in my opinion I don't think you guys should put your son through a break up for your own selfish reasons. Married life is not easy you have to work at everything, if I was you I would try and make them vows work for each other and your son, once again just my opinion, good luck.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• wow you said you love each other being together that long and your co=dependent on each other is not bad if he needs a night out then let him if you need a night out with the girls then do it. You two can have your own space SO WHEN YOU TELL YOUR KIDS WHY YOU SPLIT IT WAS BECAUSE YOU LOVED EACH OTHER TO MUCH WOW. NOT A GOOD THING
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 11:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2010