Does he have a thing for me??

I made friends with some neighbors and we hang out all the time. Yesterday my husband and my neighbors girlfriend was at work and he asked if he can come by and hang out. I had no problem with it and I told my husband because I tell him everything and he was fine with it. My husband told me that the guy must like me if he wanted to hang out with me. Anyway I just wanted to know your thoughts because if the guy does have a thing for me I dont want him hanging out with me without his spouse...also when he was over he never flirted with me and we just had simple conversation and we stayed outside the whole time so it felt like a friendship.

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Probably,sorry!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I think if you were outside and stuff and if you socialize like that when his gf is there then it's fine. Maybe the next time you are hanging out if your DH isn't there jokingly say you don't have a thing for me to do you so you can gauge his reaction.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• LOL well i know when i connect with the other sex, i like to be around them but not sexually, if he has other friends to hang out with then he may be using his extra time to try to flirt with you but if you dont give in with your hubby NOT around then he will get the hint and stop coming around so often for just hanging out.

i guess time will tell.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Honestly you'll never know unless you ask him directly or he puts the move on you.
    momma_of_kyky

Answer by momma_of_kyky at 10:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I would avoid it either way. Even if he doesn't it's bound to make his girlfriend and your husband a little jealous.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 10:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• he might have been bored and sees you as a friend. so thought you two could talk or whatever to pass the time
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• If he has a child the same age as yours and they were playing I see nothing wrong with it. If it was just him I think it is inappropriate.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• If there's no flirting going on then probably not. I would still watch out for it just in case so you could put a stop to it.
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 11:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I think you may be making this out to be more than it is (not trying to offend you). But I hang out with guys without my DF (he lives in another state right now). Most of my friends are guys. Nothing more than friendship. We hang out, go out to dinner, shopping. All straight guys. It is possible he just wants to be friends.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• IDK...but I would just hang out and if he ever puts the moves on you just make sure he knows where you stand. Treat him like a buddy until he proves otherwise.

I personally get weirded out by hanging out with male friends on my own. And I know that it may not bother DH at first but if I did it more than once a year he'd get mad...LOL...once a year...Haahaa!
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 11:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2010