do jehovahs witness celebrate 4th of july

i know they dont holidays but do they on the 4th of july

USPS-I-DELIVER

Asked by USPS-I-DELIVER at 10:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not think so...I know the Jehovah's Witnesses at our school do not stand for the pledge
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I dont think so either
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No. But I know a few that shoot fireworks and cook out.
    madcrazymom

Answer by madcrazymom at 11:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I don't believe they do
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No, they do not. Jehovah's Witnesses do not get involved with Religiously based holidays because they are based in non-Christian traditions and practices. However, they also don't do civilly or culturally based holidays (patriotic days) because they believe the ONLY government that matters is Gods, and they want to set themselves apart from ungodly governments. While they do obey and live by the laws of whatever country they are in, they do not partake in it's celebrations, politics or military.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• well i was just wondering bc i work with someone that is jehovahs witness
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Comment by USPS-I-DELIVER (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Nope......my in-laws are Jehovah Witness'. The only thing they celebrate are wedding anniversary's.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• they also celebrate the birth of children - i attended a JW baby shower that was awesome! all family members came to the shower instead of just women. IMO totally the way to go.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• In addition to things like weddings, births (although not birthdays), funerals and anniversaries Jehovah's Witnesses do have one Religious Holidays. Each year on the corresponding day of "Niacin 14th" they gather all around the world, just after sundown to recreate the last supper of Jesus Christ. It's a HUGE thing for them. They do this because Jesus said to "Keep doing this in remembrance of me." And they see that as a command straight from the man himself...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No. JW do not get involved in patriotic things like that. They celebrate other things like the pp's mentioned.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2010