How do you handle being away from your kids?

I'm literally going crazy. My two girls(8 & 9) are spending the next two weeks with my mom 500 miles away from me. I have never let them out of my sight for more than 5 mins, well except for school. I don't know how to handle it. Does anybody have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• just fine have fun and relax they r being spoiled right now anyways
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 10:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Can you call them? That is what I would do
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• clean, clean, clean.. my kids are at camp that is how I am keeping busy.. and work
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I WOULD BE HAPPY ! IM SORRY BUT MY KIDS GET ON MY NERVES AND DRIVE ME NUTS AND CRAZY ! IM HAPPY WHEN MY KIDS ARE GONE ! YEA HA !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 11:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You get busy, that's what you do. I know it's hard being away from your kids, but take this time to enjoy being just YOU for a couple of weeks. Your girls are probably having a blast. I'm sure they miss you, but I doubt they're moping around so don't you do the same. My 3 year old is actually out of town this weekend with my parents. Granted, it's because my husband had surgery yesterday, and I still have my infant with me, but despite all that, I've been able to get so much done and focus on my husband. I've talked to him several times today though.

Spend the next 2 weeks sleeping late, get a pedicure, do those annoying house projects that hard to do with kids around, go on a mini-vacation with your DH/SO, drink a bottle of wine with dinner, go shopping for you and pick up a few surprises for your girls. Have fun and before you know it, they'll be back, and it'll seem like they never left. :)
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Leave them emails and ask for pictures if your mom has a camera phone. Call them. Make a list of all the stuff you would like to do that you can't do with them around, like go see R rated movies, read good books, catch up for any girls nights out or lunch dates. Clean out their rooms while they aren't there to miss the junk you toss. My kids spend the night at my mom's a lot but I'd miss them too for two weeks. Think of it as an opportunity for adult time for you!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• rolling on floorHonestly, I would trade places with you in a heartbeat and mine are twenty something!!  They are driving me crazy!    I would just tell you to really enjoy your time mom.  Go do something for yourself.  See a movie by yourself or something you never get to do!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I guess we'll see, my DS is headed to his grandparents next weekend (for 2 weeks), but I'll still have DD at home with me.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 11:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I love the the night/month my son goes to grandparents. I get to have a datenight with my husband!!!!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 4, 2010