~*Time Zone bed time hours swap...is this healthy?*~

Ok, my son is now 19 months old. We moved back to Ohio from Arizona 5 months ago and with a 3 hr time difference he has been going to bed at 10ish (7 AZ time) his dad just moved back and is extremely upset that he is still on this schedule. Now, I work 3rd shift so I can spend as much time with him as I can and it works out that when he sleeps in I can get a couple hours in as well then finish sleeping when he naps. Is this unhealthy for him to be getting to bed at this time? He gets a full 12 hrs in of sleep, never been sick, and never has any sleeping problems(restlessness, crying to sleep, problems with nap time, etc) want to make everyone happy... :/

BubbaHunter1208

Asked by BubbaHunter1208 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I honestly don't see a problem with it, he's getting the amount of rest he needs and it's working with your schedule. We would keep our daughter up a little later just so she'd wake up a little later in the morning.
    CherBearCM

Answer by CherBearCM at 11:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Until they are school aged, let them sleep whenever it works best. A couple months before school starts, start dialing them into a regular schedule. My ped gave me crap a few times when my oldest was a baby, but my husband worked second shift. We needed him to sleep in past 7am so we kept him up later. Now he's getting ready to turn 4 and sleeps 9pm-9am.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Until you start experiencing problems, don't make waves about something that is working well!
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 11:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No, my daughter doesn't go to bed until 10pm....what difference does it make what time it is as long as they are getting the appropriate amount of sleep? Anyway, it doesn't get dark here until like 9-9:15 in the summer. I can't imagine putting her to bed while it's still light outside.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 4, 2010