When did you get rid of the bibs for good?

I still put bibs on my 24 month old when she has meals at home and when we go out to eat. My daughter doesn't seem to like wearing bibs anymore-she yanks them off when I put them on her. I just don't want her clothes to get stained.

When did YOU get rid of the bibs for good?

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 11:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• We got rid of bibs at about 18 months to 2 years old when they yanked them off!! We just let them eat shirtless or we had a few stained shirts that we would put on them only at mealtimes becaused they were already stained and we didn't have to worry about the shirts we just washes them and used them to death!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I got rid of them when my daughter was ready. She let me know, so I got rid of them. I did have do a bit more laundry, but that was fine with me if she was eating happily.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Actually, we stopped using bibs when DD stopped drinking bottles... LOL The formula and breast milk stained clothes way worse than ANYTHING else she ate..
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Probably around 15 months.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I got rid of them when he pulled them off. It was more of a hassle keeping them on so I just stopped using them, he was 18months. I would usually take his shirt of if we were at home when he ate...at restraunts I would put a napkin in his shirt but if he didnt like it that day then I just didnt worry about it. the stains werent ever that bad anyways.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have the hardest time keeping bibs in my DD and she is only 10 months! If pulling them off was the sign you used to know it was time to be done with them I am in trouble. We put the bib back on at least 4 or 5 times every time she eats. I am not ready to give them up yet. LOL
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 12:18 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Its been so long I have no clue. I just kinda stopped using them once my son stopped spitting up (15months old btw)
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 6:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Thanks everyone!
    Fallaya

Comment by Fallaya (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2010