i am 26 and i had a polyp removed? ne one had one this young?

I have been having severe stomach cramps,diahrrea and weight lose for a few months. I went this week had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done. They found one polyp and done a biopsy.I have not heard from biopsy yet. I am still in lots of stomach pain which they say is ibs. I am on sucralfate,dicyclomine. I am worried the stomach pain will not go away and I would die just to be able to eat a meal. Anyone with ibs? How long will this flair up last its been a good month. Please help! Did ne thing help you?

cortneydmorris

Asked by cortneydmorris at 11:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Health

• I have not had the ibs, but I had a poylp removed at 30. Colon cancer runs in my family, so we all go in and get checked at 30. All five of us kids {me, my brother and sisters} had polyps at 30.

If you have any siblings they need to go get tested at the age you found your first polyp, because it runs in families.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 11:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I had Poylps removed atleast 8 times before i was 26- and then i finally had to have a Hysterectomy at 26 b/c i had cancer of the uterus- Alot of times they just keep coming back- Wishing you lots of luck- i hope you feel better soon!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have IBS. You're going to have to play with your diet and figure out what triggers it-besides stress! Eliminate dairy for a few weeks,try gluten free,fat-ish free,low fiber,high fiber. For me I regulate it with high fiber from wheat and seeds and nuts,and fruit and veggies. it took me quite awhile to find my happy balance of how much of each thing I could eat without having a flare up.I cannot tolerate much dairy or oat products,and peanuts get me very sick! Good luck with your journey. There is a happier day for you down the line!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2010