For the single mommies working full time and going to school on campus

So I was just wondering how many credits everyone else was going to take for the fall semester...

It's my first college semester ever and I am very excited for it! I work 34-38 hrs a week right now and am a single mom to an almost 17 month old and I will be taking 9 credits in the fall semester at the local community college. I will be there from 2-8 Mondays and Wednesdays every week as well as keeping my work schedule M-F 7 am - 1 pm, Fridays 7-7 and every other saturday 8-12...

I know I'm going to be worn out but I know that I need to have a degree to be successful and support my son, his dad has agreed for the 2 days that I will be at school to be his visitation hours so that is a huge help, I never wanted my son to be raised at daycare!

So what are you ladies doing to stay on top of everything you have to do at home, work and school??

Thanks in advance :)

youngmommy21709

Asked by youngmommy21709 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in

• I've got a monthly planner and set every alarm I've got to remind me when it's time to move to the next phase. Sounds awfully regimented, I know, but I've accomplished lots this way! I carry 3X5 cards with me for daily goals. Note: I do allow time for dumb stuff, so if I fall off schedule, I know how long or hard I've got to rebound.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Right now, I have 8 credits but had a 3 credit accelarated class. In the fall I have 12 credits, plus a 15 hour a week internship and work. I have a planner and put all my assignments in the planner. I do homework by what is due soonest and which class meets the soonest. I read my textbooks whenever I have a chance and carry atleast one with me at all times and read when stuck in traffic, waiting for my son to get out of school, in the bathroom, at baseball practice or games.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2010