Have you ever see a bear in the wild?

Have you ever seen a live bear in the wild? Not in a zoo. We seen a bear or bears everday that we were on vacation except for the day we were leaving. We were in Gatlingurg TN. It was amazing yet scarry. They were right outside our cabin.

Red54

Asked by Red54 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Pets

• yes, in Yosemite, and at my house (which is not very far from Yosemite!) I went outside to scare the bear away and took my dog with me, but my dog cowered behind me LOL!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Does Yogi bear count? LOL

I have not seen one in real live.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yep. I was in the most northern tip of AZ, where it's all forest, and was walking with my ex through the woods...and we came to a clearing, and literally like 20 feet from us was a huge bear. It scared the CRAP out of us and we turned and starting sprinting back to the car, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• yea. a few times actually.
    I've even seen a wild bear really close too. Maybe about 5 yards away. THAT was scary. There was a baby bear too, about a yard away from the momma bear.
    But i live in california near the mountains. Your bound to see a few bears here.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes! When we were driving through Yosemite National Park last year we saw a big brown bear make his way from near the road into the trees. It was truly an awesome site and I got a few pics.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:17 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I've seen bear tracks in the snow and I saw one from a train going through western Montana. My aunt and cousin used to live in Juneau and they would see them ALL the time, people would shoe them away with brooms lol.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:18 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• One actually wandered into our town, got bumped by a car and ran up a tree. It was a yearling and stayed in that tree for almost three days. The local police department had to guard the area incase he was hurt. He wasn't. After a he got hungry, he crawled down and ran on his way. The DNR couldn't help because of their budget cuts. He was WAY out of his normal habitat area. We can thank Gov Pawlenty for cutting the budget for public safety. Remember that name because he wants to run for president. He has a long list of terrible decisions.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:19 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes a medium black bear, scary but cool!!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 12:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• yes a baby one, i had to stop on the highway for it to cross.... but i do live in alaska lol
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 12:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• yes I have! I live in the woods and once when i was driving a bear was running across the road and as I was coming to a stop it hit the door of my car...kinda like a Deer hits the car but it was a bear
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2010