I'm having ALOT of discharge!! *tmi*

Like a ton. Everytime I wipe its all over the toilet paper! At first I thought it was my mucus plug but this is too much I think. Its a clearish-white color; no odor (that I can smell); its starting to turn a little darker but not much. I'm 40 weeks 1 day pregnant and when I was checked yesterday I was almost 5 cm dialted but cervix is hard. What could this be?? Just discharge?

I never did this with DD! I lost my plug in one piece while in labor with her so I know what that looks like...I"m telling you, I've had to change underwear like 4 times today bc I just keep getting them soaking wet!!! TMI sorry lol

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 12:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be your water breaking. My water broke and I didnt ever know it until the next day. I also thought it was discharge and constantly changing my panties. I found out when I finally went to the doctor that it was my water breaking and it was just trickling not gushing like I expected. If you think it can possibly be your water you need to go to the hospital because it can cause infected if you dont go into labor within 24 hours...thats what my doctor told me anyway
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• maybe its your water breaking? if they are soaked like you said they are.. maybe its time to go get checked!! good luck!! this is so exciting :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 12:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I would try calling your doctor and ask.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• oh gosh! I dont think its my water breaking bc its semi-thick like discharge...but what do i know lol...ugh! my hospital is a good 45 min away and I just don't wanna waste the gas! Maybe I will see what happens through the night!!
    Mrs.Loeffel

Comment by Mrs.Loeffel (original poster) at 1:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I really could be your water breaking, even if it's thick. Mine was something like that and then all of the thin fluid was actually behind my son and came out in a wave right after him. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• IMO If its clearish-white and semi thick, then it sounds like your just having a lot of discharge. Thats weird that it soaks your underwear though, maybe it is your water breaking. If I were you I would call your doctor.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 7:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• OP how are you? Did you call the doctor? Is it still coming? Let us know how you are! I am not far behind you and am SOOO jealous!!! LOL. Good luck. Keep us posted.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I'm not as far along as you (i'm due in oct)..but i have noticed an increase in discharge....it COULD be your water breaking...BUT it also could just be you are having alot of discharge..i would call your OB and see what they say! GL
    ThinkPink23

Answer by ThinkPink23 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2010