What advice should we give our daughters about choosing a mate?

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 12:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I guess for me its about staying involved and having your childs Heart. If you allow them to hangout in the house by themself after school every day... then your bound and determinded to eventually suffer some heartbreak with her, but if you keep your home open as long as your there, and in any area... if she never gets emotionally through intimacy then shes waiting for the right one. i guess for Me I dont believe in "dating, courting" unless you plan to marry the person.. Just my opinion
    and by the way from my own experience.. my husband's Sister, didnt have her first kiss and her husband either till the day they wed.. and Courted, dated for 2 years before that.. But wanted to keep it completely Holy and pure till the right person came
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Tell them to read the Book When God writes your love story, I cant remember the Authors name, but he or she pretty much sums it up what I Will be teaching my daughter and son
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I feel that she will have to learn on her own. she is different then me so theres no way to tell her how to choose. All I would teach her is to respect herself and thats theres no reason for a guy to disrespect her in any way. Never emotional,physical or anyway.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• They couldnt be the more perfect match as welll.. Its a beautiful love story
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:07 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have 3 of my own and a step daughter and what I tell my own is never listen to a guy who tells you everything you want to hear just to get in your pants...if he cares he won't be so quik to get into your pants...most guys are players so don't be so quik to fall for their games and easy talk...better to keep guys as your friends then to put up with the bullshit of a relationship and one thing that gets me is why girls NEED a man...no woman or girl should NEED a man
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:07 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• As much as I would have loved to have a little girl, everyday I see questions on here that make me thankful I had boys. Not that men don't make poor choices in mates, but they are less likely to be abused/left in poverty/etc. I am doing my best along with my hubby to raise my boys to be the kind of men that any girl would be proud to bring home to their family, and their family would be happy to welcome.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My dd is only 5 but wants to live with me with her husband when she's older. I believe she is too young to explain all the ways to pick a man so I will just answer with what my parents told me... When you find that one person who makes you feel at your absolute best at your worst, then you have found the right person.
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• The best thing you can tell them is to learn to take care of themselves. IF they find someone who is worthy of their love, share it, if not, they can do better alone. No woman NEEDS a man! And life with then is always better when you KNOW you are there for the right reasons and not because you have to depend on them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• When I was growing up, I was told to make a list of the kind of what I wanted my future dh to be like. I made changes over the years but that list helped my stay focused on the kind of man I was looking for. When I met & dated him for a while, I finally heard that little voice that said, "He's the one."
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I will tell my children to look for a mate who respects them, is their friend, enriches their lives, does not control or demean them, and makes them laugh.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:26 AM on Jul. 4, 2010