Would you take your 9-month-old to see fireworks?

I'm not sure about this. I think my son might really LOVE the bright lights (we wouldn't be on-site, just watching from a friend's yard), but I also think he might be scared by the noise, or it would really hurt his ears. I'm normally pretty careful about getting him to bed on time, but if this would be neat experience, I want to share it with him. If not, I don't. What are your thoughts?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 2:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I asked this same question a few days ago, lol. My son is 9 months too! I decided to take a chance, and he LOVED them. He wasn't a bit bothered by the noise. He just stared up at the fireworks in awe. It was so amazing to see the fireworks reflected in his little eyes. It was by far the best fireworks show I've ever seen because I was sharing it with him, and it was his first time ever seeing them. It was a special moment, holding him and watching him staring up at the sky. i'm sentimental like that, though. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i would go for it. i did with my son, and he was mesmerized. babies feed off of oyur emotions too, if you stay calm and dont get bothered by the noise, your baby probably wont too much either. my son when he was between 2-4 years old, usually fell asleep half way thru fireworks shows! lol
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 2:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes I would. I took my 11 month old tonight and will take her tomorrow night as well.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My DD first 4th was when she was 2 months old and she ended up falling asleep the next year we were closer and she just laid in my arms and was amazed of all the lights. So this year we are going to be right on sight and she is doing nothing but talking about tonight and she can't wait to go this year. She just turned two. I think the baby will be fine.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:06 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My son was 4 months old for his first fireworks show. He loved it. We were far enough away that the noise didn't bother him.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I would take him. its his first 4th of july! :) even if he end up falling asleep, just having him their would be special!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• it would depend on the baby. it's your call momma.

although, if i wasn't sure, i'd probably just play it safe and put baby to bed. he won't remember it anyways.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I would. I took my son when he was a week old. I just made sure we were far enough not to get hit by anything or let the noise bother him. He did great. He will be 12 months 1 week tomorrow and im sure he will enjoy them alot :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I would!!! My son was 2 months old the first time we took him and he fell asleep halfway through them. My daughter was only 3 weeks old her first time and slept through them!!! All kids are different, but I know that their first time from 6 months+ they are just amazed by them lol. Thie year my son (5yrs) and my daughter (2yrs) didn't even watch the fireworks lol they were pointing out all the planes in the sky (Phoenix,AZ) LOL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:28 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• he's not a newborn, he's 9 month old! he will definitley enjoy it!
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 3:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2010