• In the Spotlight:

what wld u girls do if u r taking care of ur lil 17 yr old b ro and found out he was getting nude picks of chicks...what wld u do and how wld u tell him u know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Well it pains me to say... but saying nothing i believe is the best course of action. Boys are very curious at this age esp about girls.... u cant really blame them... their hormones are raging inside... they need an outlet... thats all this is .. some natural curiosity on their part... so just let it g... but keep an eye on him... if u feel its getting out of hand.. then confronting him i guess wud be necessary.... but im betting he'll jus yell at u and ask u to mind ur own business... its pretty much wat all teens do wen confronted :)
    RACHELSTRAUSS

Answer by RACHELSTRAUSS at 2:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I Would want someone to let me know if my DD was sending nude pic someone. So keeping my mouth shut would be the last thing that I would be doing. For my son well he wouldn't have a phone to be chatting on. That is uncalled for in my eyes.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I would ask if he had any questions regarding sex and give him condoms.
    allison17

Answer by allison17 at 3:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• he has it all and me and my hubby cant take his phone cuz he bought it but these girls r 15 16 and 17 and older to 27....hes sexually active and he dontt care if he becomes a ada cuz he said hell just move on like it easy but i told him he WILL be there if he has a kid
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 4:06 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i meant dad srry
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 4:07 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• just talk to him, letting him know what's up.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 5:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't have any issue with a 17yo having nude pics of girls... What I would have an issue with is him having nude pictures of underage girls, and I would have to assume that if they were in school with him or whatnot, they would be underage. I would first talk to him. Our rule with our kids is no underage pics and no sex with anyone under the age of consent... If they break that rule they have to face the music. There would be some consequences for him as well. But I would also make a point to talk to the girls, and possibly their parents if I knew them. My ONLY concern with the parents angle would be if they chose to involve the police both their child and mine (of your brother) would be facing sex offender charges/child porn, which I wouldn't want to see.

Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Is he sexting??? That's illegal. and I am sorry, my house...my rules. When my children were in high school i didn't care of they'd bought something or not or even if they paid the bills themselves. I would and did ground them from their phones (they paid the bill), from their cars (they bought them and paid for their own inusrance and gas) and their game systems (bought by them).
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Tell them that if he sends them to anyone else, he can be charged with a sex crime and be made to register as a lifetime sex offender and his life will be ruined. Sextexting is a serious issue.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• You need to tell him that if he is caught he can be labeled a sex offender for life and that can screw up all his life plans. He can spend time in jail, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:52 AM on Jul. 5, 2010