Have you ever reconnected with a friend you haven't seen or spoken to for over 5 years?

I recently found one and am so excited! We were really good friends, but we just lost touch, lost numbers. She sent me her phone number and I'm calling later this week. Can't wait.
Our daughters are so close in age, their names sound so much alike and she even pronounces her daughter's name the way we were going to pronounce Kyra's. It's strange but good. :-)

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 2:32 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Well it seems to me you were really close to her at some point in your life. so all the best to you.... and yes its possible to reconnect if ur connection is strong... the fact tht u have kids the same age gives u a lot of common gorund .. so its unlikely ul run out of things to say... so go ahead have fun and reminisce!! i hope u guys become BFF's again :)
    RACHELSTRAUSS

Answer by RACHELSTRAUSS at 2:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Nope. I really miss my best friend I has when I was growing up. We lost touch in junior high/ =( I still thank about her every now and then.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I reconnected with a male friend from when I was a teen. We have been out for lunch and gone to the bar with our SO's. We email each other often now.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have reconnected with a lot of my old friends!!! I moved to Arizona from Vermont 7 years ago and lost touch with a lot of close friends, but have since recconected with them thanks to Facebook!! I really miss the friends I grew up with since most the people my age I meet here have had their kids taken away and are on drugs which I'm not into so I may talk to them every once in a great while, but never get together. Everyone up there I know still has their kids that are very close to my kids' age, but I can't see them becauce I am so far away :( My husband and I plan to move to Texas in the next 2 yrs to a very small town and I am hoping to make some more friends then. I hate living in the city!!! Most of the people my age do drugs and I just can't deal with it so I would rather have none...
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:12 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• yes. three of my friends. just got reconnected last month.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 5:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• YES! I reconnected with a girl I had been friends with when I lived in MN in the beginning of high school just last year. We both had gotten pregnant around the same time & chatted on Facebook frequently. My family & I just visited MN in May and stayed with her - we had such a fantastic time. Our daughters are three months apart, so it was so much fun watching them together. It was so great hanging out with her again in a totally different time in our lives - we're renting an off-season beach house in October together, can't wait!! And our SO's get along really well, too!!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Once or twice. We moved when I was in 6th grade, so all of the friends I had at my old school I lost touch with. In high school I reconnected with one or two of them, and when I was in college (for the while I was) I saw them pretty regularly. We're on facebook and still talk. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• The wonders of Facebook and Linked in!
    I have reconnected with many college friends and former coworkers.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2010