When you hold cash, do you ever wonder about the butt that got wiped with it or the dirty hands that have held it?

I find myself thinking this every time I handle cash. Ew! I keep sanitizer in my purse and use it every time I use cash. A little extreme, I know, but some people wouldn't know what soap was if I hit them in the head with it!

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Aw darn, NOW I AM LOL......Ewww
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Ewwwww I don't think about it! Specially when I had to handle it daily working in fast food.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 2:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I try not to think of that... but then I rarely ever use cash it's usually debit. But yea money is absolutely disgusting!
    CherBearCM

Answer by CherBearCM at 2:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• .... yeah. I try not to think about that. People touch everything - so therefore I'm pretty sure just about everything is nasty and we touch things all the time. We don't know how many germs we touch. I read a thing the other day that said our cell phones had more germs per square inch than our toilet. So.... there ya go. LOL
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• No. I think of the beer it will buy.
    allison17

Answer by allison17 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I don't know when the last time I held cash was.. I never have it on me. But I use to think of the drugs on them. I saw this statistic that like 85 % of bills have coke and other powder drugs on them. eek
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes, I do. This idea was put into my head by my Grammy when I was a little girl and would put things into my mouth to hold onto them. You know, like the corner of paper money or something. Now, back then times were a bit racist, even though they didn't think so, so I won't tell you the exact words she said, but they went along the lines of, "What if the person who touched that before you didn't wash their hands after they used the toilet?"
    So it always got me to thinking and I've kept things out of my mouth and passed that rule on to my children.
    When I worked retail and saw rodents on top of soda cases and what they left behind (every store has some, whether you want to believe it or not), and then the Orkin guy would come in and set bait or spray where he could, including on top of some of those cases....I have never opened a container of soda before washing it first and pouring into a glass to drink.
    Think!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I don't think about the butt situation,but I do think about the hands. Hey u know what I just thought about the kind of foolishness they be doing at the strip clubs. Now that's nasty just plain out nasty.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:12 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I do!! OMG I used to work at a bank and one of our regular buisness customers was the owner of a strip club that used to bring in piles and piles of $1.00 bills EWWWWW!!! I NEVER carry cash anymore!!
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 3:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• dont handle cash
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2010