Examples of a daily schedule for home?

My daughter's therapists told me to make a schedule for our days at home. She is very violent and has several issues going on. She is 6 and my other daughter is 7. They do not get along at all. I need some ideas for activities I can schedule. Anybody have a schedule they would like to share?

ashisamom

Asked by ashisamom at 2:49 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Is there anything the kids can join? Like baseball, sports, swimming. You can also look up on the internet fun crafts and activities for your children. Go to the playground, parks bike riding. You should plan activities the night before, and be ready for each day. The internet may also be filled with some good ideas. Another idea is cooking getting some kid friendly recipes off the internet and of course with your help this should be something you guys can all do together. If you need any more help or ideas you can message me and I will try and help you.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We have an hour of math and reading work after she wakes up from nap and has a snack. We don't have anything set besides that. We do art stuff every day, dance to music for about half an hour, walk for about half an hour around 3pm. We do the cleaning between breakfast and lunch, and this includes house, her chores and getting dressed. We start dinner at 4:30 pm most days.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:06 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It's summer so the kids don't have a set schedule on an hourly basis. They do have a set time for sleeping and eating. By schedule, your therapist means you need to write down and post a schedule that she has to follow in order for her to have some structure in her day. I have an activity calendar posted on my fridge. Give her less tv or games. She needs more time playing outdoors. Bring her to the playground, take walks together, go swimming, go to the beach or the zoo. A petting zoo might be beneficial to her. Water will also help her be more tranquil. kids in montessori have a specific time in their day when they will just sit down and listen to classical music that is calm. They do it everyday. Some kind of meditation thing.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 3:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2010