Class reunions......

After much talk 6 years ago about my class reunion I started wondering.... how exactly is it decided who will be in charge of running things? For our 10th reunion it was sort of thrown together by a few people, it was not very organized and they had it the day after christmas! Now a group of people plan mini reunions and everyone who can comes into town and gets together.

My husbands reunion (he just had his 20th SCARY!!) was really well planned, and well thought out. I started wondering do some schools as you graduate grab random kids and say okay now remember in 10 years it is up to you to get all of these people back together lol, or do people just decide they want to have a reunion and satart contacting people? I never really understood how it works so I am curious. (its late my mind is wandering what can i say lol)

3_ring_circus_

Asked by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in

• WOw i never thought about that. Know you have me thinking momma.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My school has an alumnae club that organizes that stuff.  Once you graduate you can join the club if you so choose (it has dues and activities and stuff like that).  Well, technically I guess we are all automatically included (we get updates from them if they have our address on file, have a newsletter that announces births, weddings, deaths and stuff).  Someone from that grad year usually starts planning and they know who the social butterflys were that would want to be involved.  There are always alum on staff, too (several of the girls I graduated with now teach at the school).

My 20th is in 5 years.  I didn't go to my 5th or 10th.  Doesn't interest me.  I liked high school but I wasn't in the kind of crowd that goes to reunions.  We'd be more likely to just get togther for lunch or something but we live all over the place now.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My class has had 5 yr, 10 yr, and 15 yr reunions. For ours our senior class presidency is in charge. I went to the first one and it was ok, I didn't even hear about the other two until afterward when someone asked why I wasn't there. The 15 yr one had only 5 people show up and the person in charge of it was complaining afterward on FaceBook about how nobody came. I wonder how many other people didn't know about it at all.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I always thought they were put together by your class officers. I have my 10 year one soon I'll ask then :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Not had my 10 year yet, but I'm pretty sure it was our Senior class president who's supposed to initiate and plan that stuff....we'll find out!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

Next question in
How does your local school district devide the grades?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
pain