Period question...I need answers!!

Ok so I had my daughter 8 months ago and my periods have been all out of whack meaning sometimes I have one and sometimes I do sometimes they are heavy and sometimes they are light but anyway I started my period today. I put a tampon in like I always do and about 20 minutes later blood started gushing out for a few seconds. Not sure if this is normal or not so I kinda disregarded it as a freak thing and went on with my day. Then after I got home from work I changed the tampon and the same thing happened but this time it was immediate...not really sure what is going on. Anyone have any ideas on what could cause this because I am kinda freaked out by it!

melissaaytes

Asked by melissaaytes at 4:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you on any type of birth control? I have the Paragard IUD & that happens to me sometimes. If you're freaked, call you OB/GYN tomorrow.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Is it the same colour as your usual menstrual blood?
    JustPretending

Answer by JustPretending at 5:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Is it possible that you are having a miscarriage?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• If it continues see a doctor...

Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:07 AM on Jul. 4, 2010