when a man calls you names

like bitch, constantly.... and there is nothing you can do about it. you yell back and he keeps saying worse things. i want so bad just to punch him next time he says it but i know i will get punched back, there is just nothing i can do about it. he thinks its ok to say shut up bitch or quit doin that bitch, what am i supposed to do? he forgets he said it in like 5 min but i dont. i have set him down to talk about it and it just makes him even more mean..... WHAT DO I DO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• leave him if you can.. the hitting is not ok, and neither is the verbal abuse.. trust me, it will only get worse
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 5:12 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My SO has been an ass but has only called me a Bitch once, and that one time he earned himself a 3night sleep in the car. I say kick his behind out, and then when he comes back after the first night, throw his work clothes outside and allow him to make you money.

Maybe let him stay another night outside and as he tries to come back in, right before you lock him out, you say, This Time Im Being A BITCH. "Sleep outside"

Maybe thats immature, but I did it and he hasn't called me out of my name since.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:19 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• he has no respect for you or he's losing respect for you. if a man loves his woman why would he callher her names.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 5:31 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• First I would make a plan to leave, second I would take care of myself third this is a warning before he starts hitting you he is testing the water to see how much you will take and how much you will really do. You sit him down and keep talking but he knows everything your going to say. Why do you think you have to put up with this? There is something you can do take care of yourself. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:33 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Is this your husband, boyfriend, father, brother, son....?
    JustPretending

Answer by JustPretending at 5:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• time to move on. No one should have to be ridiculed on a daily basis.
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 6:13 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Cut your losses. It always starts like this. The name calling, insults, etc. He's testing you, pretty soon, it will turn into something more. He'll grab you out of anger. Or shove you when you get in his way. Let that slide, and then it'll turn into a slap. Or his hand on your throat. Let that go, and your and your children's lives are at risk. He will starting hitting-because he knows you'll just take it. If this is your SO, why do you want your kids to grow up like this? I mean shit-if you won't leave because you love him, at least send the kids to stay somewhere else. They deserve better-and so do you.

Move on.
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 6:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Verbal abuse is just as damaging as physical. And it almost always leads to other things.
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 6:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I would tell him them more you treat me badly the less I will do for you. Doing things with and for him personally. Like sex, washing his cloths, cooking for him. Going places with him, spending time with him at all. If he want to call me a bitch I will start acting like one. I would start calling him a bitch back and see how he likes it.
    If he kept it up, I would leave the relationship.

Answer by louise2 at 6:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Last night in a fight with my husband he called me a cum rag. Pleasant, eh?
    I don't know what to tell ya- but I do understand!
    LeiLana80

Answer by LeiLana80 at 6:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2010