Type question here.What should I do? Her ped says to change brands, she drinks 2 ozs a feeding and thats it! She drinks enfamil nutramgin. What do u think..You think she dont like that kind of formula? She will eat her breakfast and dinner but no bottles in between unless its apple juice. I dont want her to dehdrate(sp) what should I do?

What should I do? Her ped says to change brands, she drinks 2 ozs a feeding and thats it! She drinks enfamil nutramgin. What do u think..You think she dont like that kind of formula? She will eat her breakfast and dinner but no bottles in between unless its apple juice. I dont want her to dehdrate(sp) what should I do?

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she gaining weight? Does she appear or act sickly? If not, then don't worry about it. If she is hungry, she will eat.
    Mom4Gma2

Answer by Mom4Gma2 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Why is she on the Nutramigen? My daughter is also on it but its because she can't stomach anything else. My pedi told us not to introduce anything else until she was off of Nutramigen. I would think as long as she isn't losing weight that its not a big deal. Kaitlynn goes one feeding with eating only 2 ounces and 5 hours later she'll eat 8 ounces. I would say you might want to step back off of the Nutramigen though. That is a very basic formula and your LO might benefit more from a Soy based formula.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 1:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I think she likes the juice more so she doesn't want to formula. Maybe hold off on the juice for a bit...she loves the sugar. Just give her water.
    Fionas_Mom

Answer by Fionas_Mom at 2:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I bet she teething..My dd Daniela acted same way after that stage pasted she eated as usuually...if not you can always switch,but if she is gaining weight i wouldnt worry about it!
    alee72

Answer by alee72 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• all the mommys here are right and have good ideas...it could also be the summer time lol it sounds funny i know but my daughters doctor told me when she wouldnt drink her formula that alot of kids have eating problems and not drinking enough fluids because of the summer...he said they did a study on it and every summer they have alot of mothers complain that their child aint eating or drinking enough like they use to...he said its hot it causes the child not to wanna drink or eat...as soon as summer left my daughter was back to normal i believe this because it happens every summertime.but i would defently hold off on the juiice...i doubt shell get dehydrated only because she gettin some kind of fluid in her thats all that matters.but just give her pedialite to help
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• When my oldest came of the juice age, he wasn't too hip on his milk, either. Like someone else said, juice is sweet and tasty. Kind of like liquid candy, but better for you, if that makes any sense.
    Also, the extra liquids are filling, so if she's full on juice, she won't have much room for milk.
    I ended up nixing the juice and just giving him water. He then wanted his milk at feeding time.
    As long as she is urinating as she should (not infrequent, darker yellow, strong smelling, etc.), and isn't experiencing diarrhea, then she is probably getting enough fluids.
    However, juice and water don't give her the nutrients she needs from her milk.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 1:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2008