when is a c section scheduled?

Around what month do doctors usually begin to schedule a c section? I'm a little over 6 months pregnant and i decided to have a c section since i had one with my first daughter and i just figured it would be easier but my navy doctor hasn't given me a date but i kind of need to know.

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 7:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do you want a vaginal delivery?
    You can schedule it for after your due date a week or so, allowing your body every opportunity to do what it's supposed to. A lot of scheduled cesareans are planned for about a week prior to the due date to avoid laboring. If you want to give baby as much time for that important growth, holding out as long as possible is good.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My doctor scheduled mine the end of May and I am having mine July 13
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• OK SO THEY SHOULD BE SCHEDULING MINE SOON. DID U GET TO PICK YOUR DATE?
    newmommyjazz

Comment by newmommyjazz (original poster) at 7:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My doc let me schedule mine at the beginning of October and I was due November 23rd. He told me I could schedule it anytime with in 7 days of (well 7 days before) my due date. I think it probably depends on the doctor. Some docs will go at 38 weeks, some won't.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I scheduled mine when I about 36 weeks bc my son was transverse (sideways). However, they regularly did ultrasounds so that if he turned, I could have a vaginal birth. I got to pick from a few different dates.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• From what i have been told they pick a date so the baby will come at 39 weeks. My doc suggests i have a repeat c section and she said if nothing goes wrong they will take the next baby at 39 weeks. They could always come early or have to take them earlier though. 39 is a safe bet that baby is all mature and ready. I wouldnt push for any earlier.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• No, I didn't pick my date but I didn't ask to either. I'm sure they will negotiate if possible.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• For me it was scheduled from the very beginning of the pregnancy.I was told to expect my c-section at 38 weeks,give or take a few days.Full term date was Jan 27 and c-section was done Jan 12.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 4:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2010